PS4 Media Player 3.50 (VR) Patched for 5.05 / 5.07 by PS4Miner

Mikey420

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 11, 2018
This is not my upload I did not make the patch. It was made by ps4miner.

Posting this at ps4miner's request: This is a patched version of official PS4 Media Player 3.50 (VR supported) so it can play music and video on non PSN-activated console.

Will work only on 5.05/5.07 FW because it includes a kexec part with hardcoded offsets (sorry <5.05 guys, my bad).

Running on other than supported FW will make console to reboot.

Also do not forget to turn On MPEG-2 switch at "Debug Setting -> License Activation". Player is checking for it.

It's not the best variant of fixing this app, but it works for now (as a temporary solution).

Basically patch does two things:
  1. It escalates privileges for the mplayer's process, so it can freely access the stuff it wants.
    • *sonyCred = 0xffffffffffffffff; // sceSblACMgrIsSystemUcred
    • *sceProcType = 0x3801000000000013; // sceSblACMgrGetDeviceAccessType
    • I'm not sure if both patches are necessary. Probably second one is enough, too lazy to check.
  2. It patches SceMusicCoreServer process in memory.
    • Function at SceMusicCoreServer+0x3640 will now always <return 0>.
5.07 FW is unchecked but it almost certainly working (at least video should).

Credits: jkpatch and ps4-hen-vtx

It looks like official packages somehow got more privileges than fpkgs so some applications are failing to work properly.
Probably a whitelist (which is coming from PSN on activation) or fpkgs lack of some sort of marker. More research is needed.

I wanted only this particular application to work, now my work is done. I hope you enjoy it :)

Filename: IP9100-CUSA02012_00-PS4MEDIAPLAYER00-A0100-V0350.pkg
MD5: D46A7932ACCD603C416D034440A3A8E8
SHA1: 7B437FEEB2414269A571CD1D28ECC9A6EE85BFC6

Link:

Enter the code below in base64decode.org and click the 'Decode' button for the download link:

aHR0cHM6Ly9tZWdhLm56LyMhcjdZU1dTRFMhdEd4OGdicFFrVTM5a3JGUnNKTFV4QnNoS05UUjVVaXY4MlZiRjNjYTZ3dw==

For those on 4.05/4.55 try this build and report if it works. the param.sfo file has been edited to change the required system version so should enable this FPKG to work on 4.05 and up. Its still completely based on the 3.50 update but the pkg making proccess should have enable the title to be decrypted on older machines however the .sfo file would say it needed a newer firmware. this should fix the file completely. Please anyone on these firmwares try this and report back.

aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cxMTcuemlwcHlzaGFyZS5jb20vdi9vSk41WGozZS9maWxlLmh0bWwNCg==

Source: Here

Nice, people were asking for this since the official one was released, Do you have the specific offsets or assembly code to patch the checks?

thanks it works. can someone give me a vr video sample that works. the one i tested didn't go vr.
also a request, can this be done on littlstar vr app as well?

If the apps been dumped I could try to patch it. I don't know anything about bypassing the PSN login checks but I at least know what I need to patch (or at least try to patch)

amazing, thank you bro for sharing ;)

edit: i tested mkv file, and it works great ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey420
Awesoma contribution.
Next dream littlstars :)
I m gonna try to get his fpkg from a guy and give it to you to see if he can patch it
Thank you!!

Last edited: