4.05-5.05 Online Multiplayer Testing

MortalClaptrap

Banned
Uploader
Donor
Jun 7, 2018
I'm working on a method to play certain PS4 games online. Right now I'm using Hamachi just to make sure it works right. Once the POC is finished I'll create a dedicated program kind of like X-link Kai. Right now I need three testers, it's first come first serve so hurry up. In order to apply, you need the following:

There are currently 23 games ready for testing, and they should all work. I currently have about 20 tests planned, but that number could be way higher. So if you don't make it into the first batch of testers, don't be worried. I'll update this thread regularly to show any new progress, so make sure to follow it in order to get into the later tests. I don't have an ETA for when this will be finished, but I expect it to take up at least the rest of the year. Here's a list of the next few tests I have planned, including some on 4.55.

Apply by posting your Discord, and the firmware you're on.

Last edited:
i am all for it, give me ur discord i will dm u there

im on 5.05 with pretty much most of the games

Reactions: Madness
interesting. but in the moment i'm seeking hdmi to vga and connection is limited. when return can test it. thank and make it stable. peoples deserve to have jailbreak multiplayer. like illegal ads in every person.

Reactions: Resonance
Syntex#4602
FW 5.05 (EUR Region)
- got COD Black Ops 3 (with all DLC) fpkg installed
- got COD MW Remastered fpkg installed
- got COD Ghosts fpkg installed
- console and PC connected via LAN

Last edited:
[ʜꜰʜ] ๖ۣۜKᴀʀɪsᴍᴀ | Cᴏʟᴇ#6014

I'm on 5.05 and down to help!

already found this and got it to work
cool , how ?

after checking and playing around

the ps4 is searching a game in its local network but down not hop out to the second "ring" , unless u tell him to (u cant tell him to search a game via an exact ip) ,if it was possible to give an exact ip server to connect to it was possible to do that.
if the ps4 does not receive an local ip of the vpn/hamachi it wont be able to find any local games on the lan network.

it will receive internet yea, it will go out to the internet via the remote vpn server. but if it wont receive a local ip of the vpn server it wont work.

unless u give the game an exact ip to login to (such minecraft. to connect a certain server)

for example,
ur isp ip is 55.55.55.55 (to the outside world)
ur local ip (LAN) is 10.0.0.1 (connected via wifi or ethernet cable to ur router/modem/switch)

when u setup a game for example COD ghost it will search inside the local IP (LAN) so everything inside 10.0.0.1/24 (or 10.0.0.1-10.0.0.255) will be seen.
since its not possible to connect directly to a vpn with a ps4 (no app or no builtin setting) u will need to share a connection via a pc or ur phone via hotspot
now when u connect ur self to hamachi/vpn/hotspot etc.. u will get a new local ip. for example of openvpn or hamachi ip the "local ip"(LAN) that u get from openvpn will be 10.8.0.1 now rememeber u need to share that ip with the ps4. thats when it get tricky.
since the ps4 cannot connect to the VPN directly and the connection must be shared via pc/hotspot the ps4 will get the local ip of the shared host and not the vpn (hotspot ip via android, 192.168.43.1/24) so even tho the ps4 can surt via the remote server/proxy/vpn it wont be able to find games since it does not belong to the same LAN (local ips) , and the ps4 wont hop to the other LAN(local ip) .

this is my conclusion. unless the ps4 cannot be connected within the same local ips / LAN of the VPN/hamachi/xlink kai/game rooms or w.e u decide to call it, it wont be able to find the open game to join.

perhaps i am wrong. i would like to be wrong a learn a new thing.
so if its possible and know the way please share .

WOOOOO!! I had this idea a while ago, like Repz, thought of before the idea of reprogramming the servers internally to let you sign in etc but on a different server and to access sorta repz mimic of Psn for modders to access and play together with and possibly stuff like a fake pkg store etc but ofc you would need proper cfw like access for most of that also this was for ps3 initally, but this is an awesome start anyhow :p cant wait to hear more and be able to play online, by any chance will multiplayer version of skyrim or warhammer deathwatch be compatible?

WOOOOO!! I had this idea a while ago, like Repz, thought of before the idea of reprogramming the servers internally to let you sign in etc but on a different server and to access sorta repz mimic of Psn for modders to access and play together with and possibly stuff like a fake pkg store etc but ofc you would need proper cfw like access for most of that also this was for ps3 initally, but this is an awesome start anyhow :p cant wait to hear more and be able to play online, by any chance will multiplayer version of skyrim or warhammer deathwatch be compatible?
that depend if those games allows to enter a direct ip to connect to. if so yea its possible even now.
if the game does not allow u to enter a direct ip to connect to, then its not possible.