USA EUR JPN CN AU KO ASIA Media Player - [CUSA-02012] [v4.01]

Same for me, i tested it. It works fine with mp3 music files but when i try and load a video mp4 it says "Cannot play the media"
— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —
i managed to get it working you have to install both pkg files. first you must install A100-V0100.pkg and then you install A0401-V0100.pkg

i managed to get it working you have to install both pkg files. first you must install A100-V0100.pkg and then you install A0401-V0100.pkg
Problem with “Cannot play the media” is not when you start playing the video, but when it stops with this error after some time of playback (for me it’s up to 20 minutes)

Reactions: Bluebat815
i managed to get it working you have to install both pkg files. first you must install A100-V
Problem with “Cannot play the media” is not when you start playing the video, but when it stops with this error after some time of playback (for me it’s up to 20 minutes)

i will download a movie and play it and see if i have the same problem after 20 - 30 mins. i will get back to you and let you know if i have the same problem
— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —
yeah i have the same problem as you. after 10 minutes it says cannot play the media.

Reactions: Cancerian
Not stable error "cannot play the media" after few minutes using both usb and dlna server it's not codec related is there a solution for that?

Reactions: unknownhero
Ive backported this to 5.05 but cant find a duplicate section to post it ill leave it here xD

PS4 Media Player Update 4.01 Already Backported
Hidden content
UFM0IE1lZGlhIFBsYXllciBVcGRhdGUgNC4wMSBGdWxseSBCYWNrcG9ydGVkCgpodHRwczovLzFmaWNoaWVyLmNvbS8/bGhjcXF5bHlkd292cm4zdGJhOGMKCkluc3RhbGwgVGhlIEJhc2UgVGhlbiBJbnN0YWxsIFRoZSBVcGRhdGUKCkNyZWRpdHMgdG8gSEszMSBhbmQgc29mdHN0YXIKCkVuam95CgpCeSBDeUIxSw==
EDIT: Link fixed (20/01/21)

Last edited:
Ive backported this to 5.05 but cant find a duplicate section to post it ill leave it here xD

PS4 Media Player Update 4.01 Already Backported
***Hidden content cannot be quoted.***
This version is working fine and is more stable on 6.72 thanks you.

Issues solved - just repackage the update to work with the media player 3.50 that was released for 5.05 - for repackaging updates see moddedwarfare tutorials - have fun

Update: 15 minutes into a video and no errors so far. The only issue is unlike the original app by OP, there is no suspend mode. The app would close any other app/game while running. Maybe that's what was causing all sorts of issues.

Last edited:
Issues solved - just repackage the update to work with the media player 3.50 that was released for 5.05 - for repackaging updates see moddedwarfare tutorials - have fun
The 3.50 version was hard-coded for 5.05 and wont work on 6.72.

I know it's strange and I was surprised too after it worked great. The original 5.05 version doesn't even load - freezes right away on 6.72.

Does anyone notice the continuous playback button missing in version 4.01? I hope it's not just me. Here is what the button looks like - not my screenshot but just found it on google:

ps4-dlna-2016-continuous-playback.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JAI ANAND KUMAR